We have successfully completed projects for numerous colleges/universities across Tennessee and Kentucky, including both public (State of Tennessee Board of Regents) and private institutions like
- University of Tennessee
- Middle Tennessee State University
- University of Memphis
- Tennessee State University
- Austin Peay State University
- Pellissippi State Community College
- The University of the South (Sewanee)
- Meharry Medical College
- Murray State University
Our on-campus higher education projects include:
- classroom buildings and libraries
- lodging (residence halls, dormitories and inns)
- athletic facilities (stadiums, indoor and outdoor practice facilities, arenas, aquatic centers, fitness centers)
- infrastructure/road improvements
- parking facilities (lots and garages)
Due to our extensive on-campus experience, the BELL Construction higher education team is familiar with the nuances and challenges, as well as the requirements, of working on occupied higher education campuses. We have completed several projects that have maintained uninterrupted operations within both the current and adjacent facilities, which required an increased focus on safety measures in place to protect students, faculty, and members of the public.
Additionally, because many of our projects have been contracts held through the State of Tennessee, many of our projects have been designed and constructed to meet Tennessee High Performance Building Requirements (HPBr) – formerly Tennessee Sustainability Design Guidelines.
While working with higher education institutions, our team is able to work with students and faculty in relevant fields to provide internships, on-site demonstrations, job-site visits, and in-class presentations.