We use the BuildingConnected / Tradetapp platform to collect the required information from subcontractors looking to prequalify to bid our projects. If you are already familiar with this software and have a profile, click the button below to add BELL’s invitation to your account. Otherwise, see below for instructions on how to get started.
- Start by either creating a BuildingConnected account for your company or logging into an existing account.
- Once your account is set up and you are logged in to the BuildingConnected system, go to the QUALIFICATIONS section (found in the left-hand menu bar).
- In the Qualifications dashboard view, select TRADETAPP INVITES from the top menu bar.
- You should see a section titled Questionnaires that are awaiting submission. Click Open to begin the application.
- To expedite the prequalification process, please review the list of required information and have these items ready to go.
- You must be prequalified with BELL prior to bidding on our projects.
- Prequalification is valid for one year; you must update your information in BuildingConnected annually.
- Be sure you indicate all relevant commodity codes so you will receive all applicable bid opportunities once prequalified.
If you have questions about the prequalification process, please contact our Project/Contract Administrator (below).
- Once your company is prequalified, you will be added to our list of prequalified trade partners in GradeBeam.
- You will receive an Invitation to Bid (ITB) whenever your scope of work is needed for our projects.
- Scope is determined by the commodity codes you input in the prequalification process. Be sure you’ve indicated all relevant commodity codes to ensure you receive all applicable ITBs.
- If you haven’t heard from us in a while, it’s possible we have not needed bids for your scope of work recently. To check if you are still registered in our system, please reach out to us.
- Remember: Performance & reliability weigh as much as cost!
If you have questions about the procurement process, please contact our Preconstruction Administrator (below).
These are the major areas you will need to cover in your prequalification questionnaire. Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive, so there may also be supplemental questions or requests for supporting documents. We recommend obtaining all relevant information in advance, though you can save your progress and return to your application later, if needed.
- Basic company information
- Business tax ID
- State sales tax registrations
- Parent company information, if a child/subsidiary
- Commodity code(s) of work performed
- Markets & Regions served
- Union affiliations
- Professional licenses
- Employment numbers by type / position
- Small / diverse business certification(s)
- EEO compliance
Projects & References
- Details for 3 most recently completed projects
- Details for 3 largest current projects
- Current work in progress, including total value, backlog, and WIP or WOH schedule
- Details for any litigation in the past 5 years
- EMR from the last 3 years
- OSHA 300 & 300A logs form last 3 years
- Percentage of work self-performed
- Safety program & contact
- Substance abuse policy
- Certificate of insurance for current policies
- Insurance broker / agency & contact information
- Bonding capacity, bond rate & current value bonded
- Surety / bonding broker or agency & contact information
- Current IRS Form W-9
- Bank name, contact, and contact information
- Line of credit
- Volume / Revenue for last three years (if available)
- Most recent financial statement, including balance sheet and statement of income (P&L)